This Ain't the Usual Fall

Photo by Thomas Park on Unsplash

This year looks a whole lot different,
With our masks and chrome book screens.
I'd mug a man for Lysol wipes,
If I could somehow flee the scene.

All this waiting and this hoping,
All new schedules, so much stress!
"Synchronized" was a cheesy swim-dance,
Before this awful Covid mess.

I wish "remote" was just for t.v.
And "hybrid" was the offspring of two plants.
I had to shop for all new clothes.
My boss said pajamas aren't pants?!?

When the world just won't make sense,
We need a sense of humor, friends.
We have to think of who we'll be,
By the time this nightmare ends.

I hope we will be stronger,
Somehow better than before.
Fight the virus, not each other.
There are no winners. There's no score.

If you pray, pray for us teachers.
We're only human after all.
Pray for the students and the parents.
This sure ain't the usual fall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Somebody's Hero

The Do's and Don'ts of Raising Readers

The Importance of Mentors