My School Year Resolutions

The day before school starts is like New Year's Eve for me. Okay, okay, I'm not making champagne toasts or watching a ball drop, but the new school year does feel like a fresh start.
So here are my school year resolutions.

1. Embrace change. I'm a little scared about changing my library software, but I am also excited about all of the new features.

2. Connect more with students. If a student needs help printing in the library, I am not going to yell, "Did you select the Laser jet?" Even if I have to help 5 students in a row with  the printer, I am going to be warm, friendly, and patient with each one. I am going to take time to talk to students when they check out books, unless there is a super long line. If I think of a compliment, I am going to share it. 

3. Read more. Well of course I had to put this one on there. I'm a librarian.

4. Make the most of the physical space in the library.  Shifting books, weeding the collection,  and adding new eye-catching displays are all on my to-do list.

5.  Maximize the potential of Google Apps for Education.  Sure, I am using GAFE, but I know that I could do more. 

6. Laugh more.  Why not?

I'm probably being overly ambitious with these resolutions, but that's the beauty of starting a new year. Anything is possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Somebody's Hero

The Do's and Don'ts of Raising Readers

Referendum Rhapsody